Our mission for the International School Community website is to have the most updated information about what it is like to work at numerous international schools around the world. One way to help us achieve that mission is to have Mayors.
Being a Mayor is super easy, and the best part is that you get unlimited free premium membership to our website!
And ANYONE can be the Mayor of their school. Most of our active Mayors are just regular teachers at their schools, but we also have heads of schools, HR representatives, principals, etc. as Mayors as well.
Mayors are commenting on the school and the benefits information, but they also comment on the city and travel information of the country as well. Mayors also don’t need to represent all aspects and perspectives of the school. They are recommended to just share their experience and perspective on living and working at that international school and in that city/country.
• Submit at least 3-6 new comments on your school every 1-2 months (on the 68 different comment topics). It takes around 5-8 minutes of your time to do this. It will take a Mayor 2 years to submit one comment in all 68 comment topics.
• Make sure to check on your school’s Wall and occasionally post updates about their school (any big changes to the school that are happening, good tips to know about, recent events at the schools, etc.)
• Make sure that your school has the most updated and correct information (e.g. basic info, links, Facebook page, Youtube video, etc.) on the Overview and Social Media tabs.
• Submit job vacancies that are currently available at your school.
• Western International School of Shanghai (Shanghai, China) – 566 Comments
• NIST International School (Bangkok, Thailand) – 325 Comments
• Tarsus American College (Mersin, Turkey) – 283 Comments
• Canadian International School (Hong Kong) (Hong Kong, China) – 185 Comments
• American School Foundation of Monterrey (Monterrey, Mexico) – 150 Comments
• Concordia International School (Shanghai) (Shanghai, China) – 180 Comments
• Yongsan International School of Seoul (Seoul, South Korea) – 145 Comments
• Copenhagen International School (Copenhagen, Denmark) – 419 Comments
• Seoul Foreign School (Seoul, South Korea) – 223 Comments
• American International School Dhaka (Dhaka, Bangladesh) – 136 Comments
• International School of Kuala Lumpur (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) – 129 Comments
• Tsinghua International School (Beijing) (Beijing, China) – 210 Comments
• Hong Kong International School (Hong Kong, China) – 157 Comments
The more Mayors that we have on our website means the more our members will be informed; as there will be more up-to-date information on the schools they want to know about!
Become the Mayor of an international school that you work at today!
* Please note that being the Mayor of a school is anonymous and that all comments and job vacancies submitted on our website are also done so anonymously. Posting on the school profile page Wall though is not anonymous.continue reading
It has been a couple of years since we launched this unique ISC premium feature, the Compare Schools page!
Our members are always looking to compare one international school to another. Using the 47636+ comments that our ISC Mayors have also helped to submit, we think it is so cool that we have an ISC page where you can compare two international schools based on eight pre-selected comment topics. Surely the results will help you make the important decision of signing a contract with one of them!
So, here is how it works. When you select two schools from the drop-down menus, you will be able to compare the following eight comment topics:
Additionally, once you have selected two of the listed schools (here is an example), you can see a point score that each school received for each of the 8 comment topics. The total score for each school is also displayed, clearly showing the “winner” with the most points.
Of course, the score is based on teacher-submitted comments/reviews, therefore it is subjective. But having in mind that multiple teachers are submitting comments, we believe that this unique ISC page reflects the realistic situation at a specific school.
At the moment, we have 183+ schools available to be compared. We usually add a new school to the list every two weeks or so. If your school is already listed, please have a look at each displayed comment and assigned score. If you would like us to improve some of the comments or scores, write to us here.
However, if your school is not listed yet, we need your help to get it added! Please write to us by contacting us via our Help and Support page with the details for each section and your suggested score for each comment topic. Or just submit some new comments on your school profile page and we will add your school to our Compare Schools page.
Thank you in advance for your feedback and support in making this feature the best it can be. It is truly a unique feature to help people gather information and analyze it so that they can make the best decisions for themselves when working in the international school community.continue reading
At International School Community, we now have over 2273 international school profiles listed on our website!
Sunway International School (Iskandar Puteri) (Iskandar, Malaysia)
International School of Rimini (ISR) (Rimini, Italy)
The Lisboan International School (Lisbon, Portugal)
The International School (Karachi, Pakistan)
Tenby International School Tropicana Aman (Selangor, Malaysia)
American International School in Egypt (Main Campus)
(New Cairo City, Egypt) – 31 Members
International School of Kuala Lumpur
(Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) – 29 Members
Copenhagen International School
(Copenhagen, Denmark) – 27 Members
MEF International School Istanbul
(Istanbul, Turkey) – 26 Members
International School Manila
(Manila, Philippines) – 26 Members
Jeddah Knowledge International School
(Jeddah, Saudi Arabia) – 203748 views
Al Hada International School
(Taif, Saudi Arabia) – 172031 views
International School of Chile (Nido de Aguilas)
(Santiago, Chile) – 82486 views
British International School Moscow
(Moscow, Russia) – 72162 Views
The Universal American School
Salwa, Kuwait –56341 views
Hillside Collegiate IS
(Geoje-si, South Korea) – 0 Comments
American International School Riyadh
(Riyadh, Saudi Arabia) – 48 Comments
British Columbia International School (Thailand)
(Bangkok, Thailand) – 6 Comments
Taipei European School
(Taipei, Taiwan) – 84 Comments
Light International School
(Nairobi, Kenya) – 0 Comments
But check them all out yourself! Get answers to your questions about the international schools you are interested in by clicking on the geographic region of your choice. It’s a great way to learn about different international schools around the world and gather information!
International School Community has the following 2273 international schools listed on our website (last updated on 26 February, 2023)
Central America (46)
Central/Eastern Europe (128)
East Asia (331)
Middle East (306)
North Africa (69)
North America (113)
SE Asia (355)
South America (104)
Sub-Saharan Africa (183)
Western Europe (347)continue reading
It is a time of celebration for International School Community as we now have over 46631 comments and over 25671 members on our website….and it is Winter Break for a lot of teachers in Europe!
To celebrate, all members can get 25% off of all premium membership subscriptions from 11 Feb – 25 Feb 2023 (ending 23:59 PST on 25 Feb 2021).
The 25% off coupon code is: FEBWBREAK23
Even if you are a member with Premium Membership already right now, you can still add more premium membership during this Winter Break promotion. Just login to our website and go to the Manage Subscription page, choose the membership option that you’d like, and then enter this coupon code (FEBWBREAK23). Next click on the Make a Payment button to pay either with your PayPal account or without logging in to PayPal and just paying with your credit card.
Once you have premium membership access, please take this time to submit some comments on the schools you know about on our website. For every 10 comments you submit, your account will automatically be updated with one free month of premium membership. There is no limit, too. So if you submit 40 comments, then you will get four months of premium membership added to your account for free!
Check out the many other things you can do with premium membership access:
• Take a look at our Compare School Salaries page. (822 schools with 1614 comments about salaries are listed on this page.)
• Make a search on our Comments Search page. Find the specific comments you’d like to read about, faster!
• See which school fairs better using our Compare Schools page (175 international schools listed)
• Find a new job by using our Job Vacancy page (1000s of jobs have been listed)
• Contact one of our 25000+ members by using our Member Search feature to find someone to network with or ask a question to.
Our school profile search feature is one reason that makes International School Community unique. The search feature allows our members to search for the international schools that best fit their specific criteria.
This fast and easy-to-use search feature also helps international school teachers find the school profile pages on our website that have some useful comments and information on them. You can easily see how many comments have been submitted on each school profile page by looking to the right of each school listed on the Schools List page.
The “Schools with Comments” tick box feature is at the bottom of our school profile search box (see the above picture). If you only want to see school profiles that have comments on them in your search results, tick this box! Then on the search results page, you will only see the schools that have comments. Genius!
Example: First we selected East Asia in the Region drop-down menu. Then we selected China in the Country drop-down menu. Finally, we selected Shanghai in the City drop-down menu. But instead of getting ALL the school profile pages for schools in Shanghai, we put a tick next to the ‘schools with comments’ part before we pressed the Search button.
Here are the results of this search:
As of 18 December 2022, 27 schools in Shanghai have had comments and information submitted on their school profile pages.
Log-on right now to our website and start your searches using our ‘schools with comments’ feature (which is available to all members).
Currently, we have 1209 schools that have had comments and information submitted on them. That’s over half of the 2258 schools that we have listed on our website!
It is also important to note that there are over 45869 individual comments and information that have been submitted on our website. All of these comments mean more informed teachers in our international school community! We encourage all international school community members to share what they know by submitting comments on the international schools they currently work at or have worked at in the past. Why not become a Mayor of a school for unlimited free premium membership? Become a Mayor today!continue reading