Our website has come a long way since 2011. The technology and design has changed so much since then and we felt like it was about time for our website to get a fresh look.
Almost a year ago we launched the most recent, more responsive design of our website. Our goal was to make our website more visually pleasing on laptops and increase the usability of it on devices.
And it took us some time to get there.
It is interesting to note that over half of our members browse ISC using their mobile phone or tablet, 55% to be exact, and that number is increasing month after month. More than 60% of these devices are running on iOS (iPhone/iPad).
If you are using a device to access our website, here is what our new login page looks like:
The home page of our website is more interactive. You can, for example, swipe the cards left or right to see the recently updated schools:
We have improved the navigation through our school pages, as well. Now the school profile pages are giving you a much better overview and they are more pleasing to navigate through.
While on the school profile page, most members want to check out the submitted comments, or submit some new ones. Here is what it looks like now on your device when you browse the comments on a school profile page:
The other feature pages of our website have also gotten a make-over. Here is the Schools with the Most Comments page:
Don’t forget to check on your Favorited Schools page. Here is where you can view all your bookmarked schools to see when they’ve last been updated with new comments:
As with all new launches, there could still be some hiccups. If you see anything that needs fixing, please let us know. Also, please share your feedback on how you think it looks and where there could be some improvement.
Enjoy the new device-friendly version of our website!continue reading
We are so happy to announce the arrival of our newly designed website!
One of main goals of this new design was to make our website more responsive on devices and smart phones. We hope you’ll find it much easier to search things and to navigate our 20000+ comments.
We have a number of new features and functions that we’d like to mention as you take some time to browse around our new website:
• The School Profile Overview page is now available to members with a Basic Membership, which also gives all members access to the school Wall feature. Also on this overview page, we have added an improved function of favoriting a school. Just click the button and the school will be added to the new Saved Schools page.
• The Main Search Bar is now at the top of all the pages on our website. We suggest everyone to use this search bar to easily get to the places on our website that you want to see. You can search a School, a Member or a Comment.
Enter a school name to search our 1900+ school profile pages.
Search a person’s name to find the specific member (out of our 9800+ members) that you would like to network with.
Use our unique comment keyword search feature to find the specific comments and comment topics that you most want to check out. You can also search a school name on our comment search feature to see all the comments from that school all on one easily scrollable page.
Oh, we forgot to mention that the search bar can be used to search our many blog articles when you are on a blog page.
• The new Most Commented Schools page. Check out this page that lists the top 40 schools that have the most submitted comments on our website. You can also see a random sample comment for each school on the list.
• The Saved Schools page. Add all the schools that you would like to follow here so that you can just go here to quickly see when your saved schools have last been updated with new comments, for example. The number of total comments on each school profile page is there as well along with a link to go to that profile page to read all the comments.
• Our Management Subscription page has also been improved. Now you can clearly see the history of all the coupon codes and payments you’ve made.
• You can now add a Short Bio on your own member profile page. Why not share a little bit more about each other so as to network more effectively on our website?!
We are actually working on another page for our website that we hope to make live soon. It will be the School Compare and Battle page. You will be able to select a school from a list and compare that school from another list to see which school information and benefits are better than the other one. We have assigned points to various criteria based on our member submitted comments. The better the benefits, the more points the school gets and the school with the most total points…wins!
So that everyone can check out all these new features and functions, we celebrate with ALL of our members by offering 48 hours of free premium membership to everyone.
All members can enjoy premium access to all features on our website for 48 hours from 5-7 April, 2017 (ending 23:59 PST on 7 April, 2017). If you are a member with Basic Membership right now, just login to our website and you will have full access to our whole website; including all comments and all of our unique features (Comment Search, Compare Salaries, etc.).
If you are currently working at an international school, please take this time to submit some comments on the schools you know about on our website. For every 10 comments you submit, your account will automatically be updated with one free month of premium membership. There is no limit, too. So if you submit 40 comments, then you will get four months of premium membership added to your account for free!continue reading
It is hard to imagine that our website now has over 15000 comments!
Here is a bit of history about how many comments that we have had on our website since our website started back in January 2011:
0 Comments – January 2011
71 Comments – May 2011
939 Comments – September 2011
2147 Comments – January 2012
4578 Comments – May 2012
5965 Comments – September 2012
6767 Comments – January 2013
8004 Comments – May 2013
9109 Comments – September 2013
10018 Comments – January 2014
10689 Comments – May 2014
11455 Comments – Sept 2014
12981 Comments – Feb 2015
15023 Comments – Nov 2015
We would like to formally thank our community of members (now at over 6500!) for submitting all of the comments on our website. The more comments there are, the more informed our members will be. Being well-informed is especially important when you are recruiting and really needing to know specific information about the international schools you are considering. International School Community’s goal is to be the ‘go-to’ website for international school teachers!
Want to view all these 15000+ comments? Check out our Browse All Comments page (viewable by basic and premium members).
Got a few minutes, login to our website today and submit some comments about the schools you know about! For every 10 comments you submit, one free month of premium membership will be added to your account!
Are you an international school teacher that wants to submit some comments but currently don’t have premium membership? Consider being a Mayor of a school you know about. Check out the details here. All Mayors get unlimited premium membership to our website!
We definitely would like to thank all of our current Mayors for their role in helping us get to 15000+ total comments on our website.
We launched our website way, way back in Feb 2011.
After four years, we have many things to celebrate! Check out how our website statistics have changed since we went live:
• Stay up-to-date with the latest submitted comments here.
• Search all of our comments by keyword on our Comments Search page here.
• Randomly browse all our comments (for FREE) here.
• Compare comments about school salaries here.
• Who are these members that we have you ask? See all our members listed here.
• Also, find out which international schools our members have worked at here.
• Check out where our members current live here and where their home countries are here.
• There are also stats on what job titles our members have held here.
Thanks every for their support! We are super excited to be celebrating this important milestone. We are very proud of our achievements!continue reading
Another milestone has been achieved at International School Community!
We now have 100 likes on our Facebook page; which can be found by clicking here.
Get updates on all our latest news and blog entries by liking us on Facebook!continue reading