New Teacher Orientation is Now Underway: 14 Must-Haves
August 7, 2016
ISCommunity Blog Series Highlight:
New Teacher Orientation Must-Haves at International Schools
• Stressing out about what your new international school is actually going to be like once you finally arrive?
• Want to get a good idea of what you can expect (or not expect) during your first few weeks at your new international school?
• Wondering what you can do before and after your move to put yourself more at ease and to be better prepared?
Take some time then to read this 14-part series on our blog:
New Teacher Orientation Must-Haves at International Schools.
1. “A Trip Around the City” –
2. “A pick-up from the airport from administration” –
3. “Lunches provided by the school during the orientation week at the school campus.” –
4. “Help finding a place to live!” –
5. “An organized trip to help you get furniture for your new home.” –
6. “A settling-in allowance given to you in cash (local currency)!” –
7. “A dinner outing with the director and administration” –
8. “A starter supply of groceries for your new home.” –
9. “Resource person with a contact number and email address” –
10. “Getting access to the internet AS FAST AS POSSIBLE!” –
11. “Beginning-level host country language classes.” –
12. “A tour of your new campus” –
13. “Learning how to get reimbursed and meeting the business office staff” –
14. “A sit-down with an admin to go over each part of your contract” –
Do you have another must-have to add to our list. Email us here and ask about submitted an article as a guest author on our blog. All guest authors receive free six months of premium membership to our website.