© 2023 internationalschoolcommunity.com
v2011.01 – 10 May, 2011
The first International School Community newsletter has arrived! First of all, we would like to thank all our current members for their support so far. Many thanks go out to all those members that had a part in the development of this website. International School Community strongly encourages for members to leave comments and submit their votes on the schools they currently work at or have worked at in the past. We also encourage you to take a minute to update your member profile so that others will be able to network with you more easily. Enjoy being an active member on this website and help yourself and others to continue on in the “International School Community.”
Current Promotion: All new members that sign up will automatically receive a free 1-month subscription of premium membership. If you are already a member, you can still benefit from this promotion. Just sign-on and click on the My Account tab and then the renew your subscription link. Use the coupon code “1FREEMONTH” on the payment page, and you will automatically receive the free 1-month subscription of premium membership. Make sure to forward this newsletter to your friends and colleagues so that they can also benefit from this promotion.
Recently updated schools (more):
- Shekou International School (Shekou, China)
“The campus is very beautiful, lots of nature. Many of the teachers live within walking distance from the school and have views of the ocean…”
- Graded School Sao Paulo (Sao Paulo, Brazil)
“Many other teachers choose to live in the trendier areas and take the school bus to work or combine public transportation with taxi rides (shared with other teachers)…”
- Benjamin Franklin Int’l School (Barcelona, Spain)
- Shanghai Community Int’l School
“There is one campus that is in Pudong and one in Puxi. From both campuses it takes about 30-40 minutes to get to the center of the city (to the Bund area)…”
- Seoul International School (Seoul, South Korea)
“The school uses current practices such as readers and writers workshop, and provides training if necessary in these areas. Teachers are required to stay until 5 on Mondays so a lot of this work can be done then.work can be done then…”
- Hong Kong International School
(Hong Kong, China)
- Columbus School Medellin (Medellin, Colombia)
“The school is basically on top of a mountain…”
- American School of Barcelona (Barcelona, Spain)
“Once you have your residency card, you are totally covered (within Spain) by the public healthcare system and everything is free…”
- Shanghai Rego International School
“I have a housekeeper come and clean my apartment and do my washing/ironing 2 times a week for 5 hours total. I pay her 15 RMB an hour…”
Recently added schools:
Requested schools to be reviewed:
- Renaissance College Hong Kong
(Hong Kong, China)
- Qatar Academy (Doha, Qatar)
- American Community School Abu Dhabi
(Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates)
- International School Dhaka (Dhaka, Bangladesh)
- Beijing BISS International School (Beijing, China)
Recent blog entries:
- Random site stats on International School Community – 8 May, 2011
- Great link – 10 Steps to Becoming Fluent in a Language in 6 Months or Less
- New survey: Which area of the world would you prefer to work in?
- Contacting International School Community members to get firsthand information
- Survey results are in – What’s the top reason for why you want to teach at international schools
“I enjoy the way students of different cultural backgrounds play together and include each other in games in spite of communication challenges.”
“It all started on New Year’s Eve 2003. I was talking with someone at a party whose sister was teaching in Malaysia. This person was telling me the exciting and lucrative life her sister was leading by working internationally…”
•The whole sign-up process has been revamped.
•The recently updated school profiles feature has been improved. Comment tidbits and map feature added.
•The map feature can now be enlarged on the school profiles pages.
•The survey section is now available to non-members.
Shanghai Rego International School (city section)
American School of Barcelona (benefits section)
New Survey Topic:
Which area of the world would you prefer to work in?