Are you an International School Community member that wants to submit some comments but currently doesn’t have premium membership?
48 hours of Premium Membership Promotion: Right now EVERY member on our website has premium membership access for 48 hours. Just log on and enjoy free, full access to our website.
* This 48 hours free promotion will expire on 15 September, 2020 (11:59pm PST)
Don’t forget to submit comments during this time (which are done so anonymously, by the way) because during the next 48 hours you can get EXTRA premium membership added your account.
Normal members get 1 month of premium membership added to their account for every 10 comments they submit, but for the next 48 hours, they can get even more!
Here’s how it will work:
• Submit 40-59 comments = 6 extra months will be added to your account
(for a total of 10-11 months of premium membership!)
• Submit 60+ comments = 12 extra months will be added to your account
(for a total of 18+ months of premium membership!)
** This submitting-comments promotion will expire on 14 September, 2020 (11:59pm PST). Total comments submitted can be on one or more school profile pages (FYI: there are 66 comment topics on each school profile page), and they must be submitted between 12 September, 2020 and 14 September, 2020 (11:59pm PST). All submitted comments must be at least one full, complete sentence; the more details, the better! The extra months will be awarded to each member’s account between 15-18 September, 2020.
We want members who participate and share what they know to have free premium access to our website. For it is them that keep our website up to date and full of useful comments! We just passed 37800+ submitted comments by the way, on more than 1150 school profile pages!
After you submit some comments, check out the other things you can do with premium membership access:
1. Check our the latest posted job vacancies.
2. Take a look at our compare school salaries page. (769 schools with 1363 comments about salaries are listed on this page)
3. Make a search on our Comments Search page. Find the specific comments you’d like to read about, faster!
4. Do unlimited school profile page searches and check out our easier to use/updated school results page.
5. Contact one of our 19300+ members and use our Member Search feature to find someone to network or ask a question to.
6. Go to our School Comparison page and compare 94 schools using eight different comment topics. Who will win?
Why not make things easy?
The all-in-one search bar has arrived on our homepage!
Just enter in your keyword, select either Schools (to search our School List page), Members (to search our Members List page) or Comments (to search ALL 11500+ comments on our website), and then press the Search button.
It is all super slick and fun to use. Who knows what results you will find on the different results page? So, search away!
We are still super excited about our newest search feature, the Comments Search. To our knowledge, it is something no other review website offers right now.
With the Comments Search, you can get straight to the comments that you are interested in reading the most (example keywords for the Comments Search: salary, teaching couple, daycare, masters, etc.) UPDATE – now you can just search a school name (e.g American School of Barcelona) in the Comments Search bar. If that school has had comments submitted on it, ALL the comments will show up in the Comments Search results. So cool!
We’ve also updated the rest of our homepage’s design. We have rearranged a few things to have a fresh new look and make it easier to navigate.
Thanks to all our members for their feedback and advice on our the new all-in-one search bar. Your request has now become a reality! This new search bar will definitely come in handy as recruitment season starts this coming October. Exciting times for International School Community!continue reading
We are excited to unveil the new and improved school profile page! The school profile pages are arguably the most important pages on our website; for they are where you can read and submit useful and informative comments.
Based on member feedback, we have designed a better interface for submitting the comments and also an easier, more intuitive way to submit the comments.
1. The “Show all # comments” link. Simply click here to view the rest of the comments in this comment topic; which will show up almost instantly right below the three most recent comments. No more pop-ups! This part of our website really sets us apart from other comment/review websites because it puts all the information about a specific comment topic all in ONE place!
2. The “Edit/Delete” links. Made a mistake on a submitted comment? Want to delete a previously submitted comment? Only the comments that you have personally submitted will have these Edit/Delete links.
(Taken from the American School of Barcelona school profile page – 119 Total Comments.)
We’ve also add another major update to our school profile pages. Now there are 26 more comment topics! Members can now submit comments on over 65 comments topics in total. The new topics are the following:
– Has the school met your expectations once you started working there?
– What does the school do to create a harmonious state of well-being and high morale amongst its staff?
– Describe the technologies available at the school and how people are/are not using them.
– Details about the current teacher appraisal process?
– Is the student population declining, staying the same or increasing? Give details why.
– How have certain things improved since you started working there?
– How is this school different or the same when compared to schools in your home country?
– What controversies have been happening lately? Please be objective.
– What insider information would you give to a teacher considering working at this school?
– How much curriculum development work are you expected to do? (Atlas Rubicon, etc.)
– Details about the maternity benefits of the host country and school.
– What is the process of getting reimbursed for things?
– Details about new teacher orientation.
– In general, why are people staying at or leaving this school?
– Details about the teaching contract. What important things should prospective teachers know about?
– Describe a funny culture shock moment that you’ve had recently in this city.
– Where did the school take you in the city when you first arrived? What were some staff outings/party locations?
– What is the best part of living in this city for you?
– What advice can you give on how to set things up like internet, phone, experience dealing with landlord, etc.?
– Tell your experience moving your items to this city. What company, insurance policy, etc. did you use?
– Tell about your experience with the local banks and dealing with multiple currencies.
– What are some locals customs (regarding eating, drinking and going out, family, socializing, etc.) that you find interesting for expats to know about?
– Tell about your experiences in the local grocery stores. What can you get or cannot get? Which ones are your favorites.
– What is the most challenging/difficult part of living in the city?
– Are there many teachers that travel during the holidays? Where are they going?
– What are the airports like in this city? (arriving, departing, shopping, customs, etc.)
One more update to mention though, on the new and improved school profile pages, is the “jump links” we’ve added. Now you can get to the topics that interest you faster by clicking on these “jump links”.
Log-on today and check out all these school profile page updates. Also, please take a moment to test them out by submitting your comments in one or all of these new comment topics on the school you work at now or on the schools that you have worked at in the past.