Let’s face it, so many of us just aren’t going anywhere this summer.
We kept waiting and waiting for the Covid 19 pandemic to leave us quickly, but that just didn’t happen. Even if the pandemic has slowed down where you are currently living, maybe your home country is at a different (worse) stage.
Some of us don’t even feel comfortable flying on an airplane at the moment. So now that some flights maybe exist to get you to your home country this summer, we’ve just succumbed to the idea that we aren’t going anywhere.
Your host country home is the place where many of us will be during the next few months of summer vacation. What will you do?!
At ISC, we are really curious to see what our members are up to being that many of us are stuck in our host countries this summer. As you lounge around your home or explore your host country a bit more than usual, take a picture with your smart phone of what you are seeing and doing. We’ll chose the top 3 photos that are the most interesting to win the photo contest prizes!
So, what is your best staycation photo? Submit your photo to us and enter our photo contest! All participants receive free premium membership to our website!
Photo contest topic:
Your Best Staycation Photo
1st prize: 2 YEARS FREE of premium membership
2nd prize: 1 YEAR FREE of premium membership
3rd prize: 6 MONTHS FREE of premium membership
(Those submissions that are not in the top three will receive 1 free week of premium membership just for participating.)
Send your photo to editor @ internationalschoolcommunity.com. Please remember to:
• Write your name and email address
• Attach your picture and write a short description about it
• Enter these words in your subject: International School Community Photo Contest Entry: Your Best Staycation Photo
(Deadline to submit your photo: Tuesday, 30 June, 2020. Maximum one photo entry per contestant.) Winners will be connected/announced by 4 July, 2020 and that is also when all participants will receive their free premium membership prizes.
Check out our previous Photo Contests here.
Photo credits: Pixabaycontinue reading
Sometimes it is fun to just see what life is like at all the international schools in the world. Even if you don’t have the slightest interest in working at a specific international school or in a specific place in the world, you still might be curious to see what the benefits there are (for example). Maybe you are curious about how the weather is there or what the city life is like. We are also always curious to know what it is like to work at the school itself and how the campus really is.
In turn, the ‘Browse All Comments‘ page.
Right now we have a total of 36702 comments and information on 1145+ international schools listed on our website (out of a total of 2153 schools listed).
There are four comment sections on each school profile pages:
• School Information – Total Comments = 17112 (up 2568 comments from February 2019)
• Benefits Information – Total Comments = 11383 (up 2896 comments from February 2019)
• City Information – Total Comments = 5800 (up 1215 comments from February 2019)
• Travel Information – Total Comments = 2449 (up 524 comments from February 2019)
Want to see all these comments in ONE spot? Now you can!
The ‘Browse All Comments‘ homepage will always be a random selection of 12 comments from our database of school profile comments. To view the next 12 comments, just click on the ‘Browse next 12 comments’ button. Continue clicking on that button to view all 36742+ comments on our website!
Have fun taking a look at all the comments and information that have been submitted by our over 18839 members.
Who knows? Maybe you will see a useful and/or interesting comment that will catch your attention. If you find one, just click on the school’s name to go to its profile page where you can read even more comments that have been submitted on that school (available to premium members only).
Maybe you will be so interested that you will take a look at the school’s website and find a position vacancy that fits you perfectly. We can only dream that would happen to us (never too soon to start networking for your next position)!
What are you waiting for then? Browse away!continue reading
You can definitely say that our 18500+ members are a diverse group. We have members from all over the world that work in all areas of the globe.
You can find out where these members are from and where they work by using our Member Profile Search feature located on our homepage or the Members List page, but we also have a page that puts all those statistics on one page in an easy-to-read manner.
The Members’ Home and Host Countries page
On the Where our members currently work page, we currently have members that work at 164 countries. It appears as if the top countries are United States (786 members), China (568 members), United Kingdom (262 members), India (278) and Thailand (209 members).
Want to know which members live in each country? Just simply click on the number, which is a link to see all of those members. For members that live in Thailand (for example), just click here.
In the column to the right, you’ll also find Our members’ home countries page.
This column shows where our members are from, well the ones that have filled out their member profile page (same goes for the other column). We currently have members that come from 121 countries. It appears as if the top countries are United States (1120 members), United Kingdom (458 members), Canada (277), India (272) and Australia (191).
Want to know which members are from each country? Just simply click on the country link. For members that are from India, just click here.
Don’t forget to fill out your member profile so our statistics will be the most up-to-date!continue reading
Our 17847 current members (up 3500 members from December 2018) work at or have worked at 1200+ international schools.
How amazing is that?! In just over nine years now, our “international school community” has grown into an excellent network of international school teachers. With so much experience and knowledge about life working at over 1200 international schools on our website, the other members are able to stay updated and informed about the schools at which they are interested in working. Additionally, now it is even easier to find the right members to contact for networking purposes and for gathering more information about the specific questions you may have about working at a certain international school.
Which international schools on our website have the most members you ask? Here are our top 10 schools:
American International School in Egypt
Copenhagen International School
Western International School of Shanghai
International School of Kuala Lumpur
International School Manila
Jakarta Intercultural School
MEF International School (Istanbul)
Seoul Foreign School
International School of Tanganyika
Brent International School Manila
Want to see the rest of the top 40 list of schools with the most members? Check out this page which displays the names and avatar pictures of each member that either currently works at that school now or has worked there in the past.
So take a moment to browse our School list page, over members have worked at over 1200 international school from all over the world. Maybe you will find that we have some members who know about the international school about which you are looking to gain more information.continue reading
Our mission for the International School Community website is to have the most updated information about what it is like to work at the numerous international schools around the world. One way to help us achieve that mission is to have Mayors.
Being a Mayor is super easy, and the best part is that you get unlimited free premium membership to our website!
• Submit at least 3-6 new comments on your school every 1-2 months (on the 66 different comment topics). It takes like 5-8 minutes of your time to do this.
• Make sure to check on your school’s Wall and occasionally post updates about their school (any big changes to the school that are happening, good tips to know about, recent events at the schools, etc.)
• Make sure that their school has the most updated and correct information (e.g. basic info, links, Facebook page, Youtube video, etc.) on the Overview and Social Media tabs.
• Submit job vacancies that are currently available at your school.
• Western International School of Shanghai (Shanghai, China) – 433 Comments
• NIST International School (Bangkok, Thailand) – 298 Comments
• Tarsus American College (Mersin, Turkey) – 139 Comments
• Canadian International School (Hong Kong) (Hong Kong, China) – 155 Comments
• American School Foundation of Monterrey (Monterrey, Mexico) – 127 Comments
• Concordia International School (Shanghai) (Shanghai, China) – 180 Comments
• Yongsan International School of Seoul (Seoul, South Korea) – 138 Comments
• Copenhagen International School (Copenhagen, Denmark) – 366 Comments
• Seoul Foreign School (Seoul, South Korea) – 166 Comments
• American International School Dhaka (Dhaka, Bangladesh) – 90 Comments
• International School of Kuala Lumpur (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) – 135 Comments
• Tsinghua International School (Beijing) (Beijing, China) – 158 Comments
• Hong Kong International School (Hong Kong, China) – 145 Comments
The more Mayors that we have on our website means the more our members will be informed; as there will be more up-to-date information on the schools they want to know about!
Become the Mayor of a school you work at (or have worked at) today!
* Please note that being the Mayor of a school is anonymous, and that all comments and job vacancies submitted on our website are also done so anonymously. Posting on the school profile page wall though is not anonymous.continue reading