How Northfields International School simplified textbook distribution with eBooks.com
September 14, 2021
- New service makes it easy to acquire e-textbooks and issue them to students.
- Find and issue e-texts to your class in a few minutes.
- You only pay for ebooks that are actually accessed by a student. (No leftovers.)
How it works
The goal of all international schools is to give students the best chance of success. Whether your students are studying for the IGCSE, the International Baccalaureate or following another curriculum, getting the right textbooks into their hands is critical. Traditionally there is a lot of administration and overhead involved in sorting out appropriate books for students. Before purchasing textbooks:
- You need to determine student numbers accurately
- Then submit a bulk order request to a book distributor
- Then wait days or weeks for the books to be shipped and delivered, particularly during the current pandemic
- If better textbooks or new editions become available, you’ll have to submit another order and wait all over again.
eBooks.com has developed a service that simplifies the distribution of ebooks to international school students. Once you’ve set up an account, you can choose from millions of titles and get the relevant text into the hands of your students within minutes. The flexibility of the system ensures that you always buy the correct number of ebooks for your students and you’ll only get charged when a student accesses the ebook for the first time. So there’s no guesswork as to numbers; no wastage.
Helen Keetarut, the Librarian from Northfields International School has said:
“At Northfields International School we have children from Nursery right through to Year 13, and we are a busy school with lots of book requirements. eBooks.com has been a fantastic supplier for us mainly due to their amazing customer service and friendly helpful staff. We have queries from students and teachers alike and Ebooks.com is always on hand to help. We recently started using their Ebook course management, which has made ordering and allocating books much easier and efficient. This was explained to us in our own private training session. Well done eBooks.com for your great team and thank you for all your support.”
Using this simple interface, you can just choose the book(s) for the course and then upload a spreadsheet of your students’ email addresses. We’ll handle the rest.
Here’s how the Ebook Course Management platform simplifies your life:
- Allows students to access content with just their email address or a unique fulfillment URL.
- You’ll have open access to the entire eBooks.com catalog to choose from.
- Multiple administrators or teachers per course.
- Multiple groups per course, allowing you to split students into cohorts.
- Multiple levels of authorized access to the system.
- Students own their ebooks forever.
- We’ll bill monthly, based on the number of students that have accessed their ebook for the first time.
If you’re interested in learning more, just register your interest, or contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Wherever you’re based, we’re happy to organise a demo of the system.