Top 26 Schools With the Most Comments/Reviews on ISC (UPDATE)
February 4, 2018
Now there are 1007+ international schools that have had comments/reviews submitted on them on our website!
Once schools have over 70 submitted comments, then it is very likely that you will be able to see how a specific comment topic has changed (or not changed) over time; with all the comments being date stamped.
If there is more than one comment in a specific comment topic, the more recent comments either add on, compliment, or amend the previous comments.
A few of our schools that have many submitted comments will sometimes have over 15 comments in one comment topic!
Just click on the “Show all” link to see the complete history of comments in this comment topic.
So let’s get to it, which schools are in the top 26 (from February 2018, with some including a sample comment)?
Here we go:
26. International School of Kuala Lumpur (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) – 107 Comments
“There is a clear and structured pay scale. You enter it according to experience and qualifications, up to a maximum experience level. Within the school you receive an annual ‘step’ for every year of experience, plus there are usually small inflationary raises to the salary scale. Additionally stipends are paid for team leader responsibility. There are resigning bonuses after four years of employment.”
25. Stamford American International School (Singapore, Singapore) – 108 Comments
24. Fairview International School (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) – 111 Comments
“Teachers share their unit plans, but write their own lesson plan. All has to be submitted to the subject heads for vetting and approval.”
23. American School Foundation of Guadalajara (Guadalajara, Mexico) – 111 Comments
22. MEF International School Istanbul (Istanbul, Turkey) – 120 Comments
“Teacher turnover is high. Everything from 1st year teachers, teachers new to being over seas, to very experienced international educators. Living in Istanbul is a big draw.”
21. American School of Asuncion (Asuncion, Paraguay) – 122 Comments
20. International School of Phapos (Phapos, Cyrpus) – 123 Comments
“State schools pay a lot more but it takes a lifetime for locals to be accepted it is strictly by seniority.”
19. Tsinghua International School (Beijing) (Beijing, China) – 126 Comments
18. Sekolah Victory Plus (Jakarta, Indonesia) – 127 Comments
“Due to new Indonesian regulations, all salaries must be paid in Rupiah. However, the school guarantees a portion of your salary (~30%) in USD calculated at the official rate each month. A sort of best of both worlds scenario.”
17. Hong Kong International School (Hong Kong, China) – 127 Comments
16. Canadian International School (Hong Kong) (Honk Kong, China) – 127 Comments
“Hong Kong is one of the major stops for big name concerts and theatrical productions. Tickets can be expensive, but some large music festivals, such as Clokkenflap and Party in the Park, are more reasonably priced.”
15. Bilkent Laboratory & International School (Ankara, Turkey) – 128 Comments
14. Rowad Alkhaleej International School (Dammam) (Riyadh, Saudi Arabia) – 129 Comments
“Foreign hired teachers are given a furnished apartment in a company owned compound (built in 2014) right next to the school. Basic WiFi and cable TV are provided.”
13. Seoul Foreign School (Seoul, South Korea) – 133 Comments
“Tutoring through the school is available if it is not your student. The school takes a portion leaving you with about $20 for 30 minutes of tutoring. Coaching stipends from $350-900 and lifeguarding at the school pool can bring in 25-45 dollars an hour.”
12. Wycombe Abbey International School (Changzhou, China) – 140 Comments
11. Oeiras International School (Lisbon, Portugal) – 142 Comments
“Back in the re-accreditation mode again with the self study this year. The visit will be a joint visit next year with IB, ECIS and NEASC.”
10. International School of Dakar (Dakar, Senegal) – 144 Comments
9. Concordia International School (Shanghai) (Shanghai, China) – 154 Comments
“The “common language spoken in the hallways” depends on the grade level. Students who are only 3 or 4 might not have a lot of English. As the students get older, they are quite skilled in English.”
8. American School of Barcelona (Barcelona, Spain) – 160 Comments
7. Pechersk School International (Kyiv, Ukraine) – 162 Comments
“Apartments are furnished by landlords so it can vary – but generally pretty basic. School gave me a metro card and a SIM card and phone til I sorted out my own.”
6. International School of Tanganyika (Dar es Salaam, Tanzania) – 171 Comments
5. KIS International School (Bangkok, Thailand) – 178 Comments
“Using a mobile is now so cheap that many teachers do not have a landline. The Satellite TV provider is dreadful, neither their offerings nor their boxes have changed in 20 years. If you want to watch sport most teachers just go to the pub.”
4. NIST International School (Bangkok, Thailand) – 210 Comments
3. Western International School of Shanghai (Shanghai, China) – 317 Comments
“Airport is okay. It’s clean and easy to navigate. Immigration can take a long time to get through at peek times during the year but it’s okay. They have water fountains, which as a frequent traveller I really appreciate.”
2. Copenhagen International School (Copenhagen, Denmark) – 321 Comments
1. Good Shephard International School – (Ooty, India) – 406 Comments
“Presently they are having their Trinity College London Music Examinations. This is an option but they try to maintain high grades although most students only take Initial to Grade 1 due to restrictions of the admin to practice music…”
You can see rest of the Top 40 school profile pages with the most comments here on our website.
Keep the schools that you work at now (or have worked at in the past) updated with new comments. Want to share what you know and get unlimited premium access to our website? Become a Mayor today!